Princeton House Charter School will serve eligible students with a primary medical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or an ESE program of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Students must be able to access classroom instruction in a 1:3 teacher/student ratio or greater. The school may enroll eligible students who reside in Orange County. Students in other counties may enroll if there is capacity at the school or if an Inter-district agreement exists between the Sponsor and the district in which the student resides. Each year, the school agrees to enroll an eligible student by accepting a timely application through deadlines as determined by the governing board and publicly advertised. If the target goal of students is not met by the deadline, and the school wishes to extend, the school will give sufficient public notice and extend the application deadline for a set time as determined and publicized by the governing board. If the number of applications exceeds the capacity of the program, class, grade level, or building, all applicants shall have an equal chance of being admitted through a random selection process. Applicants not selected for enrollment will be placed on a waiting list in order determined by the random selection process. Applicants placed on the waiting list through this process take precedence over this placed on the waiting list after the application deadline. If slots become available during the school year, they will be filled from the waiting list. The waiting list is valid for only the upcoming school year. Applications will also be placed on the waiting list in the order determined by the application date. Students continually enrolled in the school will not be subject to the application process.
Our enrollment capacity for the 2019-2020 school year is 150 students, with a projected number of highly qualified teachers of 15.
Princeton House Charter School is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. The deadline application is May 6th 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
In order to be eligible for enrollment at PHCS:
- The student must be a resident of Orange, Seminole, Osceola, or Lake Counties. Students from Orange County will be given first priority in admission as Orange County is the sponsoring school district.
- The student must be identified as an ESE student by their home district. Parents must provide all ESE paperwork for each program the child is placed into including -Consents for Evaluation, Eligibility Statement, Consents for Placement, Evaluations, Consents for Reevaluation.
- The ESE student must have a primary exceptionality of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- A preschooler may be placed Developmentally Delayed but must have a physician's diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The parent must complete an application. All students are accepted on a first-come first serve basis according to age and educational needs.
- Upon acceptance, parents will need to read the parent handbook and sign the Parent Agreement.
- All students are required to wear uniforms.
There is NO TUITION to attend Princeton House Charter School. The costs are paid for through the State of Florida Educational Funding Program.